The Best Solar Generators for Home Backup
With extreme weather events getting more frequent, solar generators have become fairly popular and with all the different features it can feel a bit overwhelming to make a selection. There are many things to consider such as price point, what you need to power in an emergency, your charging options, ect. If you live in a harsh weather area or if you just like to be prepared during a power outage getting a solar generator of your own can be a huge help. We will take some of the guess work out for you by providing the top 3 recommendations for home backup!
The EcoFlow DELTA Pro is the most powerful solar generator with a high capacity battery, making it perfect for home backup. It stores energy day and night, which minimizes your dependency on the grid and lowers your electricity bills at the same time. It is a super flexible unit which comes with 11 ports, benefiting from a maximum power of 1800w. It can be connected to EcoFlow’s solar panels (110w, 160w, 400w) for off-grid charging, or at home via a normal socket or car charging. It can also be charged at any EV station! It is a 3.6kWh Portable Power Station that has the ability to fast-charge with rates up to 3,600W. The Delta Pro on it's own is quite powerful but it can also be expanded into a home ecosystem with the use of additional units and extra batteries allowing the user to get a power capacity of up to 25kWh. You can also attach a smart home panel to your home's electrical circuit allowing Delta Pro to automatically kick in for up to 10 circuits anytime your power goes out, keeping essential devices running. You can also use the smart home panel to power certain devices during peak energy times to lower electricity bills.
What makes the DELTA Pro so unique is its ability to charge via EV charging stations. If you want to take this on the go and want a faster charging experience, you can take it to an EV charging station or use a built-in station at a house. This allows the DELTA Pro to reach full charge in about 1.7 hours. Integrating all these ways of charging together, you can max the input at 6500W, making it very quick to charge at full capacity.
The EcoFlow DELTA Pro is a highly versatile professional-grade portable solar generator. If you are looking for a reliable home back up, the DELTA Pro is your best bet.
Recommended DELTA Pro kits:
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator and 1 x 400w Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator and 2 x 400w Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator with Extra Battery + 2 x 400w Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator with 2 Extra Batteries + 2 x 400w Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator and 3 x 400w Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator with 2 Extra Batteries + 3 x 400w Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Pro Solar Generator with Extra Battery
2. EcoFlow Delta Max
The Ecoflow Delta Max is a portable powerhouse that allows you to take your power with you wherever you go. Equipped with a high-capacity lithium-ion battery, the Delta Max can be charged using a variety of methods including solar panels, a wall outlet, or even a car charger. This is the second best option for home backup at a lower price point.
With multiple outlets and USB ports, you can charge all of your essential devices, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, and more, but the DELTA Max doesn't just stop at charging your devices - it also has a built-in inverter, allowing you to use it to power small appliances such as a fridge/freezer or TV. Whether you're camping in the wilderness or just need a reliable source of power during an outage, the Ecoflow DELTA Max has you covered.
When it comes to powering devices with the Ecoflow DELTA Max portable power station, the possibilities are virtually endless. With a maximum power output of 1800 watts and multiple outlets including AC outlets, USB ports, and a DC outlet, the Delta Max has the capability to power a wide range of devices. However, it's important to keep in mind that the specific devices that the DELTA Max can power will depend on their individual power requirements, as well as the state of charge of the DELTA Max's battery. If you have any specific devices in mind that you'd like to power with the DELTA Max, it's a good idea to check their power requirements to ensure that they are within the capabilities of the DELTA Max.
Recommended DELTA Max kits:
- EcoFlow DELTA Max Solar Generator + 2 x 400W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Max Solar Generator + 1 x 400W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Max with Extra Battery + 2 x 160W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Max with Extra Battery + 1 x 400w Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA Max Solar Generator + 2 x 160W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Max with Extra Battery + 2 x 400W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow Delta Max with 2 Extra Batteries + 2 x 400w Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA Max Solar Generator + 1 x 160W Solar Panel
Comparison of the Two
Overall, both the Ecoflow DELTA Pro and DELTA Max are excellent portable power stations that can be a valuable asset when you're away from an electrical outlet or experiencing a power outage. Ultimately, it just depends on your budget, needs, and what you are looking to power in your home.
The number one reason the Delta Max comes in second over the Delta Pro is its power output. The DELTA Pro has a maximum power output of 3600 watts, while the Delta Max has a maximum power output of 1800 watts. This means that the DELTA Pro can power larger devices or more devices at once, but it may also drain the battery faster. However, the DELTA Max is smaller and lighter than the DELTA Pro, which makes it a great choice if portability is an issue for you.
The DELTA Max is a good choice for those who need a more portable option, less power, and less outlets while the DELTA Pro is better suited for those who need to power multiple high energy usage appliances or have a big family.
- Price: The DELTA Pro has a higher price point than the DELTA Max.
- Output power: The DELTA Pro boasts a maximum output power of 3,600 watts, while the DELTA Max has a maximum output of 1,800 watts.
- Charging options: Both power stations offer a range of charging ports, including USB ports and AC outlets. However, the DELTA Pro has more of each type. Both units can be charged via electrical outlet, solar panels, or car but the Delta Pro can also be charged using EV stations.
- Battery capacity: The DELTA Pro has a larger battery capacity, with 3600 watt-hours compared to the 2016 watt-hours of the DELTA Max.
- Physical size and weight: The DELTA Pro is larger and heavier than the DELTA Max, with dimensions of 63.5 x 28.4 x 42 cm and a weight of 45 kg. The DELTA Max has dimensions of 49.7 x 24.2 x 30.5 cm and weighs 22 kg.
- Durability: Both the DELTA Pro and DELTA Max are built to be rugged and durable. However, the DELTA Pro has an IP67 water-resistance rating and can operate in temperatures as low as -10°C, making it more suitable for use in harsh environments.
- Additional features: Both power stations can maximized by adding additional units or extra batteries, but the Delta Pro can also connect to your homes electrical circuit by use of the smart home panel.
3. EcoFlow Delta 1300
When a power outage strikes, having a reliable backup power source is essential to keep your home running smoothly. Unfortunately, traditional backup generators can be expensive and require professional installation, making them out of reach for many budget-conscious consumers. That's where the Ecoflow DELTA 1300 comes in. It's more affordable than the Delta Pro and Delta Max while still keeping essential devices powered during an outage.
The DELTA 1300 is a portable power station that can be used as a home backup power source in the event of a power outage. With a capacity of 1300 watt-hours, it is capable of powering a variety of devices and appliances, such as lights, phones, laptops, and even small appliances like a mini fridge. It has a total of 11 outlets, including USB, AC, and DC outlets, so you can power just about any device you might have. You can also chain up to 3 Delta units together to get more power as needed.
But what really sets the DELTA 1300 apart is its price. At just a fraction of the cost of a traditional backup generator, it is an affordable option for those looking to keep their home powered up during an outage. Plus, it is easy to use and requires no professional installation - simply charge it up and you're ready to go.
The Ecoflow DELTA 1300 is a budget-friendly, eco-friendly home backup power source that is easy to use and affordable. Whether you're facing a temporary outage or just want a portable power source on hand, it's a great choice.
Recommended DELTA 1300 kits:
- EcoFlow DELTA + 3x 110W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA + 2x 110W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA + 1x 110W Solar Panel
- EcoFlow DELTA + 4x 110W Solar Panels
- 2 x EcoFlow DELTA Solar Generators
- EcoFlow DELTA + 2 x 160W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA + 1 x 160W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA + 1 x 400W Solar Panels
- EcoFlow DELTA + 3 x 160W Solar Panels
Any of these powerful solar generators will keep you up and running during a power outage! Call our team of experts to discuss your personal needs with someone 833-557-4769.